Turbine is going to be a monthly automobile magazine, defining the automobile scenario of Bangladesh. It will be the only automobile & cycling monthly magazine of Bangladesh.
Turbine is looking for a talented content writer & communicator in the full time role of Content Writer . If you meet the requirements, please apply by carefully completing the steps mentioned.
An content writer is post of Turbine to provides support at all stages of the publication of:
- Online material
- Publicity materials.
- Events & Activations.
In this role you’ll support editorial staff in all aspects of the administration, commissioning, planning and producing of different publications, events and activations.
The candidates must have the great eye for detail, the ability to spot mistakes and excellent time management skills, so that you always hit strict deadlines.
- Perform a range of administrative and editorial tasks necessary to the production of publications, events and activations.
- You’ll often be involved in projects from conception to completion, from receiving copy from authors through to the handover to production staff.
Your duties may include:
- Supporting editorial staff in all activities leading to publications, events and activations, including acting as a personal assistant to commissioning editors and overseeing tasks such as issuing contracts and dealing with suppliers.
- Liaising with other in-house teams, writers, photographers, printers, designers and production staff to negotiate and monitor timescales for stages in the publishing process
- Dealing with the administration of work commissioned to freelance writers, picture researchers, photographers, stylists and illustrators
- Organising and researching projects to tight deadlines
- Summarising written material
- Correcting manuscripts
- Obtaining rights to use materials from other publications
- writing articles and reports
- Amending articles
- Collating the work of several authors
- Proofing, editing and writing contents including social media
- Uploading text and images to a website using a content management system
- Compiling and distributing newsletters using specific software.
- Sourcing freelancers or other authors to produce new materials
- Assisting with the art direction and design of publications
- Writing your own material.
- Manage the execution of campaigns and projects based on client briefs and pre-developed strategies
- Implement different production related tasks (Video Production, Photo shoot Production etc.) by coordinating with external vendors and partners.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in BBA, Journalism, English, Management or equivalent from any reputed university.
- Ability to manage multiple task at hand and deliver tasks within deadline
- Fluent in Bangla and English (both speaking and writing)
- Expert in planning, maintaining & execution campaigns, preparing reports, proposals and presentation decks with correct formatting
- Excellent business communication skill
- Excellent presentation skills
- Openness to learn about new things
For Bonus Marks
- English medium background
- Able to Drive car
- Previous experience in debate, presentation or public speaking
- Incumbent candidates experienced in supervisory/managerial roles will be given preference
- Appreciation for arts, designs and trending pop culture
- Good taste in movies, books and music
- Sense of Humor
- Experience of working in different student clubs. Persons with experience in organizing events will get preference.
Selected candidate will be recruited for a 6 month probation period. After successful completion of the probation period, he/she will be employed for a full time position. Depending on skill sets and experience, the remuneration for Executive position will be up to 35,000 BDT.
From this role, next progression is Editorial Assistant. Team members with critical leadership position will be entitled to employee sharing option upon successful completion of journey with Turbine.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and fun environment with some of the most creative young minds
- Unlimited Tea and occasional snacks
- Regular in house and external Professional & Self development Training sessions
- Yearly 20 days of paid leave (Including sick leave and casual leave)
- Occasional Business & fun Trip
- Two festival bonuses
- Family culture
Job Location: Dhaka (Banani DOHS)
HOW TO APPLY
Please make sure you read the instructions carefully.
Applicants who meet the requirements are requested to email their CV in PDF format along with the cover letter to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Make sure you put email subject as “Application for the position of Content Writer ”. Deadline is July 10, 2019.